Refrigerators are cool rooms to minimize bacteria growth at lower temperatures. It is not only used to keep food or raw material supply, but also other things such as medicine and scientific object. The refrigerator varies from its size from the small size for home appliances up to big size such as a walk-in cooler. To maintain the condition walk in cooler repair usually check the main part such as compressor, condenser, and evaporator.
Invented for the first time in 17 centuries by European scientists, the refrigerator is made to keep the scientific object for research. Since some objects need to be checked and observed for such a long time, they need to preserve the object. The first refrigerator is still conventional and only can keep objects above 0̊ Celsius. This means that the object did not freeze into an ice block. The first inventions were lack of everything and gain less attention from other scientists.
After industrial revolutions in 18 century, the scientist did understand that they need a refrigerator with environmentally friendly and can keep scientific object under 0̊ Celsius. The inventions came from another industrial country. Now there are so many refrigerator types emerges to support daily life.
Types of Refrigerator
The development of the refrigerator is getting wider. In the past, people used refrigerator mostly to keep the scientific object. Now it is one of the most important appliances to keep daily foods. Below are the types of the refrigerator which is popular up to today
- Fridge (maintain a cool temperature for fruit, vegetables, and other food product. This type of refrigerator is commonly used as kitchen appliances. The features also vary from one to another brand.)
- Freeze (keep the food and beverage in frozen form. It is useful to avoid spoiled food especially meat and other animal product. It is also useful to keep the scientific object from other micro bacteria that may harm or ruin the object structure.)
- Softcase (commonly used in restaurants and hospitals. In the hospital, it is used to keep blood supply. The transparent glass door makes it easier to recognize the blood descriptions.)
- Walk-in Cooler (a big size of a modern refrigerator that can keep more than 6 thousand kilograms of foods and other material. Made of steel with several racks and boxes, this walk-in cooler is commonly used in the supermarket, restaurant, and hotel.)
The Basic Process of Refrigerator
Basically, the refrigerator uses 4 main components and several additional components. Even though the refrigerator still can work without the additional components, those additional will support the performance.
The main components of the refrigerator are:
It is the heart of the refrigerator. It turns on all components inside the fridge to work together and produce a cool temperature. Once this component is broken, you cannot do anything except calling condition walk-in cooler repair to help you fix the problem.
Once the refrigerant gas is proceeding inside the compressor, it will produce very hot and high-pressure gas or vapor. Then, the gas enters the condenser room to form the gas particles into water droplets.
- Expansion device
After water droplets and another gas are produced from the condenser, later it must pass through the expansion device to get more cooling temperature. The heat will be absorbed by the room temperature faster and easier. This device also connects the condenser with the evaporator.
The evaporator will spread the lower temperature of water and gas to be cooler and finally distribute the cool into the whole refrigerator. Walk in cooler repair always check this kind of part.
The Typical System Of Refrigerator
There are 4 typical systems of the refrigerator with the same purpose. It helps the tool to produce a low temperature of the gas.
- Mechanical refrigerator system
The mechanical refrigerator system uses an additional mechanical machine to make it run the cycle. This system includes:
- Vapor Compression Cycle
- Air System Refrigeration
- Sterling Cycle
- Ultra-low temperature refrigeration
- Non-Mechanical Refrigerator System
Different from the Mechanical refrigerator system, it does not need an additional mechanical machine to run the cycle. The system includes
- Absorption Cycle refrigerator
- Jet steam Refrigeration
- Heat pipe and magnetic refrigeration
- Vapor compression system
This kind of system is commonly used for almost all types of refrigerators. The main components are the condenser, compressor, expanding device, and compressor. You can find this system application on the regular refrigerator, freezer, Air conditioner, and walk-in cooler, and other home appliances in general. Therefore, walk in cooler repair is familiar with this system.
- Thermoelectric Refrigeration
Thermoelectric Refrigeration basically uses electrical power to produce a lower temperature of the refrigerator. Different from the other three which use water and refrigerant gas, it works only by using the electrical installation. This kind of refrigerator is commonly used in small appliance refrigerator.